Since my wife, Vanessa, is the resident baker around here, it only makes sense that the first one pan dessert on Man with One Pan is actually a Woman with One Pan creation.
Vanessa was recently testing Traeger desserts for one of her infamous bake offs for our sister site, With the Woodruffs.
She has an older recipe for a cinnamon graham cracker crumble that was originally paired with a lemon blueberry poke cake. As we tried the apple pie from the bake off, we both thought it would be even better to use the graham cracker crumble on top of an apple pie filling. And that’s how this cinnamon apple pie crumble was born!
I hope you enjoy this skillet apple crisp. And if you do, let me know about it in a comment or recipe review! Oh, and in the off chance you have a pellet smoker, this recipe works perfectly for a smoked apple crisp.
Cast Iron Apple Crumble
A brown sugar apple pie filling topped with a buttery, crispy cinnamon graham cracker crumble.
For the Filling
- 8 (3 pounds) Large Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup (192g) Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons (24g) Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
For the Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crumble
- 2 sleeves (18 crackers) Cinnamon Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup (96g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup (226g) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Making the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Slice the apples into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large bowl, toss the apple slices in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the light brown sugar, cornstarch, and apple pie spice.
- Toss the lemon coated apples in the sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Pour the seasoned apples into the skillet.
Making the Crumble
- Finely crush the cinnamon graham crackers, avoiding any large pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, light brown sugar, and kosher salt together.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla to the graham cracker mixture. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour the cinnamon graham cracker crumble on top of the apple slices in the skillet.
- Firmly press the crumble into the apples to ensure an even layer on top and prevent any of the crumble from spilling out of the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until the crumble is crispy golden brown. Top with freshly grated lemon zest while warm and serve with vanilla ice cream.
If you don't have cinnamon graham crackers, you can use plain graham crackers and add cinnamon to your taste preference.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 1g