This Greek chicken pasta combines roasted tomatoes, red onion, zucchini, and bell pepper with Greek seasoned ground chicken, rotini, and a creamy feta sauce. It’s somewhere between a Mediterranean mac and cheese and warm pasta salad.
Oh, and did I mention every huge 13-ounce serving has 38 grams of protein with only 420 calories? And you can make it even more macro friendly, if you’re into that sort of thing. I’ve included tips in the recipe card below for making adjustments.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
- 12 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 small Zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Greek Seasoning (I used Cavender's)
- 8 oz Rotini (or your choice of pasta)
- 4 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 oz Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
For the Cheese Sauce
- 10 oz Feta Crumbles*
- Juice of 2 Lemons + Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Milk
- For the cheese sauce, use a food processor to blend together the feta, lemon juice, and milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add the tomatoes, zucchini, red onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies soften and begin to pick up a bit of color. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the pot, followed by the ground chicken. Brown one side for 3-4 minutes before breaking apart and fully cooking.
- To the fully cooked ground chicken, add the Greek seasoning and pasta. Stir everything together before adding the chicken broth. Cook for 11-13 minutes, uncovered, until the pasta is just shy of al dente.
- Turn off the heat and add the grated parmigiano reggiano to the pot. Stir to fully incorporate before adding the feta sauce and veggies.
- Garnish with additional grated cheese, lemon juice, olives, and freshly chopped herbs like dill, parsley, and/or oregano, if desired.
*The nutrition facts were calculated with reduced fat feta crumbles. With full fat feta, each serving has 465 calories, 36 grams of protein, 38 grams of carbs, and 21 grams of fat.
Serving Size:13 oz (about 1 1/2 cup)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gProtein: 38g